[cairo] Antialiasing not working with glitz

Charles Tuckey ctuckey at verano.com
Fri Apr 30 09:11:43 PDT 2004

I am using the latest cairo (0.1.22), glitz (0.1.0) and libpixman
(0.1.1) libraries to display an ellipse on a Linux OS. I noticed that
pixman displays the ellipse with antialiasing but that the opengl
version does not have antialiasing. My example program is based on the
cairogears demo program.

We have tested this on three different graphics cards running with the
latest available drivers:
   GeForce 2 MX
   GeForce 2 FX
   ATI Radeon 9800

Does anyone have an idea why this might be? I have screenshots if they
would help.

Here is the code I use to create the glitz surface:

   GtkWidget *window = SWT.Shell.handle;   // pseudo code
   gtk_widget_set_double_buffered (window, FALSE);

   GdkDrawable *drawable;
   gint x_offset, y_offset;
   gdk_window_get_internal_paint_info (window->window,
				      &drawable, &x_offset, &y_offset);
   Display *dpy = GDK_WINDOW_XDISPLAY(drawable);

   glitz_format_t *format =
     glitz_glx_find_standard_format (dpy, DefaultScreen (dpy),
                                     GLITZ_FORMAT_OPTION_ONSCREEN_MASK,
                                     GLITZ_STANDARD_RGB24);

   Window win = GDK_WINDOW_XID(window->window);
   glitz_surface_t *glitz_surface =
       glitz_glx_surface_create_for_window (dpy, DefaultScreen (dpy),
                                            format, win);

thanks,
charlie