[cairo] operator CAIRO_OPERATOR_XOR

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Wed Jul 7 10:13:25 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 06:06 am, Carl Worth wrote:

> For example, even apart from cairo, I'm beginning to notice that
> applications are now often drawing selection boxes with things like
> filled translucent rectangles rather than XORred outlines.

I can confirm this. Even if a rectangle outline is drawn, normal drawing
means it is not strange colors. More importantly, if double-buffering is on,
the rectangle does not blink, which IMHO makes it better even if it is a
dozen times slower. All our code has stopped using xor or overlay hardware
(like on Irix) and draws selections in the back buffer. Graphics are easily
fast enough to support this today.

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak