[cairo] A hidden offset for the xlib backend

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Sep 6 15:26:53 PDT 2004

Jost Boekemeier wrote:

>One solution would be to extend the cairo API to
>create a surface with the appropriate offset:

Hmm.  Perhaps this problem is specific to the back-end, in which case you
would pass the geometry to the xlib creation function.  Owen has also
asked that we permit the width/height to be specified in the API rather
than queried from the X server, perhaps X and Y are just two additional
parameters for the cairo_set_target_drawable function:

	cairo_set_target_drawable (cr, dpy, draw, x, y, width, height);

Specify 0 for width and height and cairo can get the values from the X
server.

-keith