[cairo] iccompose.c/fbccompose.c merge part 2

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Aug 4 22:06:44 PDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:02:31 -0500, Billy Biggs wrote:
>   This change will cause three cairo test failures, however all three
> are reproducable with the latest code from Xserver, so I don't think
> they're caused by my merge.

"This change will cause"... "I don't think they're caused".

I don't follow.

Or do you mean that you don't think the failure is due to any error in
your merge?

When I first wrote the cairo/test tests, all tests PASSed with exactly
the same results on pixman and xserver. Clearly, some things have
changed in xserver since then. So far, I don't know if the changes are
fixes, bug, or irrelevant. But I definitely don't want any
non-understood functional changes committed to libpixman.

In other words, I don't want to see any libpixman commits that cause
cairo/test failures. If the functional changes can be validated as
"good" then the reference images should be updated in concert with the
patch.

Basically, this merge of the xserver code into libpixman gives us a
nice opportunity to carefully look at each change with the help of at
least some test suite, and I don't want to miss that opportunity.

Thanks,