[cairo] About YUV2RGB converstion

Jackey Yang jackey.yang at akomedia.com
Tue Aug 9 20:40:11 PDT 2005

On 2005年8月10日 Wednesday 10:43, Stéphane LOEUILLET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> speaking about XVideo and Xgl/Xegl and still speaking about those
> KhronosGroup 'standards', isn't it where OpenML could be/is used ?
>
> Looks like OpenML provides a new X11 extension (Xdc/MLdc) + OpenGL
> extensions to deal with video.
>
> MLdc seems to be RandR on steroids
> (resolution+refresh_rate+gamma+sync/genlock+...)
> MLdc comes from SGI/Irix.
>
> For more details, better see their web site. (khronos.org)
>

> Drawbacks :
>    - AFAIK, parts of MLdc are already in RandR
>    - OpenML 1.0 specs dates from 2001
>    - corrolary to point 2 : GL extensions are for GLX,WGL, ... not EGL
>
> Even if not using OpenML at all, looking at their GL extensions could help.
>
> one of them :
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/OML/subsample.txt
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Bye
>
> Stéphane LOEUILLET

Seems that you are talking about video playback only. From my last email, you
can see that our products needs to play video and run other stuff together.
Can  you provide more detail about how it works with OpenML. If i want to
play video and reading messages from server at the same time, how it works
with OpenML? This can be done by using cairo/glitz. Sorry about my stupid
question*^_^*

Cheers,

Jackey Yang
Akomedia Ltd.