[cairo] Followup patch about new versioning scheme

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Aug 12 23:31:45 PDT 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Carl Worth wrote:

> Please commit.

Committed.

> Oh, and now that we've got the various components of the version
> available to the Makefile, shall we just put the cvs tag command into
> release-publish as well? That's an important step that would be nice
> to be made more fail-safe.

Sounds good.  I don't see any problem with that apart from the
usual fear from anything automated, well I don't know what
happens if somebody commits in the meanwhile.  We definitely
don't want to tag the commit, but that problem is already there
with manual tagging too.  We want the tag to fail if a commit has
been done.  Any idea how to do that?  Otherwise it sounds as good
as the current practice.  Go ahead and do that in whatever step
RELEASING recommends.

> -Carl

--behdad
http://behdad.org/