[cairo] API Shakeup wrapup: The plan going forward

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Mar 9 04:35:08 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:53:55 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> 1) Get any big, outstanding patches committed.
> 2) Push out one last "old API" snapshot.

With the 0.4.0 snapshot out last night, these are both done.

So, we can start putting some API Shakeup changes in CVS now.

What I'd like to do is to commit only backwards-compatible changes
now, (API additions, implementation fixes, and API renames with
aliases in place).

For the changes that break backwards-compatibility, (API removals,
incompatible semantic changes), I'd like to wait until we have those
patches pretty much all at once, so we can have something closer to a
"flag day" for when all those changes land in CVS.