[cairo] [rcairo] 1.0.0-beta

Kouhei Sutou kou at cozmixng.org
Mon Oct 10 18:56:25 PDT 2005

Hi,

In <7bf6f2dc0510101300v7edf1f21qb55a370cb0079aa4 at mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [cairo] [rcairo] 1.0.0-beta" on Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:00:38 +0200,
  Øyvind Kolås <pippin at gimp.org> wrote:

> I'll try to see if I can manage to do some testing, one source of semi
> compatible code is the examples in pycairo. Using them as a base
> should give a quite good code coverage in the tests.

Thanks!

> > # I want to put rcairo archives to
> > # http://cairographics.org/releases/ when this becomes to
> > # no beta release. But I don't know what I have to do.
>
> The directories
>
> gabe:/home/srv/cairo.freedesktop.org/www/snapshots/
> gabe:/home/srv/cairo.freedesktop.org/www/releases/
>
> on gabe (freedesktop.org) maps to the tarball locations on the web.
> Contact cworth if there is a permissons problem.

I see. I'll try when the time has come.

> > INSTALL:
> > ..
> >   % ruby setup.rb config
> >   % ruby setup.rb setup
> >   % sudo ruby setup.rb install
>
> Why is the #!/usr/bin/eval ruby line removed from the top of setup.rb?

The reason that setup.rb doesn't have sharbang line
(#!/usr/bin/eval ruby) in default. I don't case about the
line exists or not. Could you add the line if current
setup.rb isn't convenience?

> Another thing puzzling me slightly is that
> Pattern::add_color_stop_rgb(a) is not registered, even though that is
> the official API names.

I want to show that Cairo::Pattern#add_color_stop is generic
method for cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgb() and
cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba() by name. But now, I
think Cairo::Pattern#add_color_stop_rgba whose argument for
alpha is optional is good name. So I'll change the name.
Thank you for your opinion, pippin.

Thanks,
--
kou