[cairo] Cairo & mono libgdiplus

Jonathan S. Chambers Jonathan.Chambers at ansys.com
Wed Oct 12 18:54:46 PDT 2005

Carl,
     I'm currently working on the mono winforms effort with Peter Bartok (among others). He told me you were who he's been corresponding with regarding Cairo issues. I guess you introduced the idea of Hobby pens to Jordi, who passed it to Peter, who suggested it to me. I took a look at the paper(s) on the subject and implemented some basic Hobby pens for testing. (The author explicitly lists the pens for small diameters.) I did a little bit of testing and the pens didn't resolve the issues we're coming across, especially the issue of pens of width 1.
     So, any other advice would be appreciated to bend Cairo to our will, without modifying too much code or breaking cases other than the special non-antialiased issues we have.
     I looked through the Cairo mailing list archives and there's a decent bit on this topic, but not much to go on as a next step.
     If you'd prefer to discuss this via some other means (AIM, ICQ, mailing list) or not at all, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan