[cairo] cairomm & gtkmm for windows

Jonathon Jongsma jonathon.jongsma at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 13:55:39 PST 2006

On 3/12/06, Frank Spies <morpheus at squirrely.net> wrote:
>  hi jonathon,
>
>  thanks for the answer !!
>  that helped get me past my compile
>  problem
>
>  any idea when gtkmm 2.9.x will come ?
>  also, do i need 2.9 ? or 2.10 ? not sure from your email below
>  can i download the sources for either already ?
>
>  thanks again !
>  frank

Sorry, I should have explained better.

gtkmm follows the versioning system of GTK+ and GNOME where
odd-numbered releases are development-only versions and even-numbered
versions are stable releases.  Therefore, 2.9.x is the development
version of gtkmm that will eventually be released as 2.10.

As far as I know, there are no development releases of gtkmm 2.9.x
yet, so the only way to get it is to check it out from gnome CVS and
build it yourself.  Even if there were some tarball releases of 2.9.x,
however, it's not recommended to develop applications with
odd-numbered versions since there's no guarantee of stability until
the official stable release.

gtkmm 2.10 should be released around the same time that GTK+ 2.10 is
released, which I believe is scheduled for May.

Jonner