[cairo] Hinting can't be switched off for win32?

Mikael Claesson miclaes at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 22:12:31 PST 2006

Hello.

I'm trying to disable font hinting in my win32
application, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've
tried it with the win32 backend and with the image
buffer backend. This is the code I use:

fo = cairo_font_options_create();

if( cairo_font_options_status( fo ) ==
    CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS )
{
    cairo_font_options_set_hint_style( fo,
        CAIRO_HINT_STYLE_NONE );

    cairo_font_options_set_hint_metrics( fo,
        CAIRO_HINT_METRICS_OFF );

    cairo_set_font_options( cr, fo );

    cairo_font_options_destroy( fo );
}

I use a font which I get through
cairo_win32_font_face_create_for_logfontw(), and I
write text using cairo_show_text().

I do believe the font options are applied because I
can disable antialiasing by adding the appropriate
line above. Does anyone have any idea of how I can
turn of hinting aswell?

Kind regards

/M