[cairo] Making Cairo friendlier for embedded use

Sean Kelley sean.sweng at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 13:25:07 PST 2006

I was wondering if anyone has been considering the long-term impact of
the floating point intensive Cairo on embedded products wishing to
make use of Gtk+?  In general, resource limited processors like ARM
lack an fpu.  Recent improvements such as softfloat in gcc have
helped.  But just curious if there are other developers on this list
who have a long term interest in staying in step with Gtk+
improvements beyond 2.6.  Currently I am doing an embedded design
based on Gtk+ 2.6.10.  I just was curious if there are other embedded
developers on this list.

Sean