[cairo] new win32 makefiles

Pierre pierre.php at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 08:12:14 PDT 2006

Hello,

While working on myPHP binding, I added what we use to build PHP on
windows. It is a kind of autoconf/tools for visual C. The idea is to
ease cross platform development but using the native tools on each
platform.

I roughly tested it with the win32, png, ps and pdf backend.

You can fetch the files from here:

http://blog.thepimp.net/index.php/2006/09/10/106-build-cairo-on-windows-step-1

A sample cairo-1.2.4 package as well as all required development files
are available. All you need to have is a working Visual setup with the
win32 platform SDK and run from the vc cmd line (for example):

buildconf
configure --disable-ps
--with-extra-includes="C:\PlatformSDK32\include"
--with-extra-libs="C:\PlatformSDK32\lib"

You do not need cygwin, gnu make or any other linux tools.

It is not yet perfect but it works amazingly well for a first version.
The next thing I like to add or fix are:
- fix the debug/no debug build
- add support to build TS or non TS (require to patch cairo)
- add "nmake test" support (run the tests on the windows platform
- add cairo-demo

If there is some interest in such tools, I can put the all the extra
files in a public repository.

Comments, feedbacks or help welcome :)

--Pierre