[cairo] Font size, how to make it very small?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Sep 11 12:15:35 PDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:10:43 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 12:03 -0300, Gustavo Sikora wrote:
> > Indeed =) This was the reference I get from the cairo samples:
> > http://cairographics.org/samples/snippets.html
>
> Umm, maybe we should add a note to that page.  It's correct to use those
> numbers in those snippets as the normalize_snippet call is adding a huge
> scale and as you see all coordinates are also < 1.0

We really just need to re-write all the snippets to draw with the
default CTM, and eliminate the snippets_normalize calls. This has been
the cause of way too much confusion too many times.

Any volunteer?

I think the simplest approach would be to simply remove the call to
snippets_normalize and then to change all the input numbers
(coordinates, font sizes, line widths, etc.) to be multiplied by a
factor of 100, say.