[cairo] font metrics

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 06:45:45 PDT 2006

On 9/18/06, ksadil at bigpond.net.au <ksadil at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have an example using cairo_scaled_font_text_extents.. I have no experience in text layout and would like to render tables of text data to a surface formatted nicely. Any pointers, suggestions or code snippets would be greatly appreciated for some reason, google is very sparse on the subject.

This doesn't address cairo_scaled_font_text_extents directly, but I
did put an otherwise pretty thorough introduction to positioning text
into my python cairo tutorial. If you're not using python, it should
be a straightforward translation job to your language of choice, as
the relevant concepts are cross-language.

http://www.tortall.net/mu/wiki/CairoTutorial#understanding-text
(and http://www.tortall.net/mu/wiki/CairoTutorial#text-alignment as well)

Comments and questions welcome.

Michael