[cairo] Re: cairo_get_current_point bug ?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Fri Sep 22 14:11:23 PDT 2006

Carl Worth wrote:

> As for this, is there any reason that the device-space origin is more
> reasonable than the user-space origin as a value for get_current_point
> when there is no path? Does cairo ever treat a no-current-path
> situation as equivalent to the current point being at the device-space
> origin?

If no-current-point makes it act like the current point is 0,0, then
that should be in user space. The reason is that the constructed path
can be transformed to a new CTM and get the same result as if you
switched to that CTM and then constructed the path. This seems more
consistent.

However this conflicts with my proposal in the last email, where I
wanted it to use whatever point it was at before. This point cannot be
moved by changing the CTM (because it should match the behavior whether
or not the have-current-point flag is on or off). So the initial
position is in device space.