[cairo] Serious concerns about cairo

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Sep 25 09:21:19 PDT 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:52:26 -0700, "Mike Emmel" wrote:
> I don't know I just feel with this much going in maybe we should relax
> the concept of AP/ABI freezes. And next why freeze it now whats the rush ?

"Why freeze it now" is an illogical question. We froze cairo in August
of 2005 so that stable releases of GTK+ and GNOME could depend on it
being stable forever.

That's done and cannot be undone.

If you'd like to invent a new API that's not compatible with cairo, by
all means, you are free to do so. But we won't call it "cairo".

-Carl (who won't reply to any more impossible "don't freeze yet" requests)