[cairo] Serious concerns about cairo

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:13:39 PDT 2006

Mike:
> > the concept of AP/ABI freezes. And next why freeze it now whats the rush ?

Carl:
> "Why freeze it now" is an illogical question. We froze cairo in August

It sounds like Mike's and Carl's understanding of the word "freeze" is
really the issue. Mike seems to think that a frozen API cannot have
any new additions, while Carl repeatedly points out that proposed
additions to the frozen API are OK and expected, as long as backwards
compatibility is maintained.

Nah, a thread this long couldn't be just about such a simple misunderstanding :)

Dan