[cairo] Cairo Performance Test

Dan Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:29:22 PDT 2007

On 8/4/07, KULBHUSHAN PACHAURI <kb.pachauri at samsung.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  I am running cairo performance on win xp. By default cairo will run each test case for 100 iterations.
>
>          Backend content   test name           size     ticks    mins(ms) median stddev  iteration
>  For ex: win32-rgb        paint_solid_rgb_over-256     226044    0.076    0.091 16.41%  93
>
>  But in iteration its showing 93.
>
>  What it mean...

I think what's happening is that you're hitting this line here, which
breaks out of the loop early:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=cairo;a=blob;h=489ffdc21f7ba128cc08f97fddf9803bca97670a;hb=4ca0ca153a847337452bbb237d42f6d7b0a163d0;f=perf/cairo-perf.c#l176

If you use -i, it won't hit that line.

>  How to make this iteration fixed for each run say 1000 or 10000. with -i options also this is not coming same for different runs.

You're saying that you expect the result with "-i 1000" to be the same
from one invocation to the next? It may not be the exact same, but
close. What are you seeing?

FYI, I've never ran cairo-perf on windows (and haven't heard of anyone
running it lately), so maybe you're hitting some bug that no one has
come across.

>  Also where actually glyph to surface conversion is happening.

You got this in another thread already...

Dan