[cairo] compiling cairo on Solaris 9 Sparc

sam sirlin samuel.w.sirlin at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 8 09:02:17 PDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:14:03 +0200
"Schmid, Wolfgang" <W.Schmid at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I tried to compile librsvg from source because there are no precompiled
> packages for Sparc Solaris.
> librsvg is dependent on pango, cairo, pangocairo, etc.
> There is a precompiled package for pango but not for cairo and
> pangocairo.
>
> Now I tried to compile cairo first.
>
> The output of 'configure' says there's a missing package 'x11'.
> This is true, no 'x11.pc' package description file is found in any of
> the pkgconfig directories on the system.

No problem. I've built on sol9/gcc with no problems. I get this as
well but it does not stop the build.

> Did ever anyone compile cairo on Sparc Solaris?

cairo-1.4.10, sol9, sol10. I use gcc (4.1.1 currently).

> This is the output from configure:

More helpful would be the end message. Is it ready to compile? You
don't need every package checked for to build.

You should get something like this:

cairo will be compiled with the following surface backends:
  image:         yes (always builtin)
  Xlib:          yes
  Xlib Xrender:  yes
  Quartz:        no (disabled, use --enable-quartz to enable)
  XCB:           no (disabled, use --enable-xcb to enable)
  Win32:         no (requires a Win32 platform)
  OS2:           no (disabled, use --enable-os2 to enable)
  PostScript:    yes
  PDF:           yes
  SVG:           yes
  glitz:         no (disabled, use --enable-glitz to enable)
  BeOS:          no (disabled, use --enable-beos to enable)
  DirectFB:      no (disabled, use --enable-directfb to enable)

the following font backends:
  FreeType:      yes
  Win32:         no (requires a Win32 platform)
  ATSUI:         no (disabled, use --enable-atsui to enable)

the following features:
  PNG functions: yes

and the following debug options:
  gcov support:  no