[cairo] graph plotting using cairo

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Aug 15 10:54:22 PDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:05:53 -0400, "=?UTF-8?Q?Milan_Stanojevi=C4=87?=" wrote:

> > You're running nvidia drivers, not ati.
>
> Yes, my bad. Nvidia it is. It is a netbooted machine, and it had some
> ati software so I just assumed.
> In any case, is this an expected behaviour ?

You'll have to talk to the authors of that driver, I believe, (since,
unless I'm mistaken, that's a closed-source driver so there's nothing
that "we" can say about it).

And the question is whether the driver is accelerating as much as the
hardware can manage.

For cards that are supported by free software drivers, (Intel 965, for
example), I've recently determined that the answer is currently
"no"---there's definitely a lot of untapped hardware potential with
the current state of the driver. But at least there, there's plenty
for us to do, and the vendor is cooperating to help us do it.