[cairo] push_group vector question

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:40:37 PST 2007

Hi, tis I.
 I feel more than a little sheepish having so many replies and *still* not
getting some of the basics. I will press on.

I savvy that a Pattern is a source of data for Cairo. I also see that vector
data remains vector and raster remains raster.
 Now, when one draws stuff in Cairo, let's say a tree, within a push/pop
group -- what becomes of that data?
 My experience has been that it becomes a raster of what was drawn (clipped to
the edges of the window). But it started life as what I would think of as
a "vector" -- lines between points -- so wouldn't it make sense to expect a
vector back again?
 What if one wanted to paint it at a larger scale or output it to an SVG?

Perhaps there's a setting somewhere I have not seen.

Just wondering aloud for clarity.

\d