[cairo] JPEG support patch

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Jan 17 01:28:50 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 00:57 -0500, Andrew McRae wrote:

> OK, perhaps that's a better way to go - is it perhaps possible
> to move PNG into that library? Or is it that the PNG
> is now considered `locked' into the base cairo API?
> One reason I ask is that I have some other changes
> for paletting PNG, so these are more direct changes
> to the existing cairo PNG code.

Yes and no.  It's locked in that it cannot be removed.  But it can be
improved.  However, I'm not sure that we want to add more a lot of
parameters here.  PNG support is cairo's way to import and export
images, and it does the job just like that, losslessly and in a rather
efficient format.  Anything else should be implemented on top of other
cairo API.  It's like the toy text api.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/