[cairo] Building Cairo 1.4.10 on OS X

Mox Soini mox at iki.fi
Mon Jul 9 07:58:38 PDT 2007

Hi Dethe,

Are you sure you need "--enable-glitz"?

Cairo on Mac OS X works well with just --enable-quartz +  --enable-atsui.

Including glitz brings with it all kinds of dependencies like
Fontconfig library (that was your error about), which are more
important for those who dwell in the Linux/X11 land...

(Glitz does have Mac OS X implementation, the AGL, but I've never used
it, with or without cairo).

Best Regards,

        Mox

On 7/9/07, Dethe Elza <delza at livingcode.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I'm trying to build cairo and having a problem.  Using the configure
> line:
>
> ./configure --enable-quartz --enable-atsui --enable-glitz
>

> I get the following error:
>
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _FcNameConstant
>

> Now, I did have to install glitz, pkg-config, but I'm relying on
> libfreetype, zlib, libfontconfig that I already had build on my
> system.  I'm running OS X 10.4.10 on an Intel-based MacBook and can
> provide any further info as needed.
>
> Anyone know why I would be getting this error or have helpful hints
> for resolving it?
>
> Thank!
>
> --Dethe
>

> At some point in the past rolling out an application to 300,000
> people was the pinnacle of engineering excellence. Today it means you
> passed your second round of funding and can move out of your parents
> garage. --Joe Gregorio

Mox on G