[cairo] Survey of polygon rasterization techniques

Kiia Kallio kkallio at uiah.fi
Tue Jul 31 13:12:25 PDT 2007

The problem with AGG is even more evident if you have several edges in a polygon
exactly on top of each other. If you have a windows machine, you can get the pre-built
binaries for the comparison tests from
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~kkallio/antialiasing/SLEFA_1_0.zip and try it yourself. Check
"square long edges e/o" and "square long edges n/z" tests (tests 15 and 16) with
bin/TestAppAGG.exe: both have bad AA artefacts all the way the outer edges.

BTW, David, if you are skeptic about the performance figures in the paper, you can run
the tests yourself to verify them. :)

Kiia