[cairo] Wanted features in Cairo.

Sebastien Pouliot sebastien at ximian.com
Tue Jun 26 05:50:49 PDT 2007

Hello Bill,

> Yes I very much suspect that he wants at least 3 end caps, possibly 4.
> There is the two ends of the lines, and the two ends of each internal
> dash. It is also possible that one of the end caps is used for both
> ends of the internal dash, if this is what Microsoft did I think it
> would be acceptable to copy that.

You're right, Silverlight use 3 different cap positions - the start, the
end and the dash. The fourth one isn't required but I guess it could be
useful to others.

Also SL provides 4 types of cap, Flat, Square, Round and Triangle. The
last one isn't available in Cairo. Adding a new one is probably not a
big deal, but I wonder if it would be more useful(*) to provide support
for custom cap, where the user code does it's own drawing of the cap
using a provided start point and direction.

(*) E.g. libgdiplus, which is also Cairo-based, could benefit from this.

Thanks,
--
Sebastien Pouliot  <sebastien at ximian.com>
Blog: http://pages.infinit.net/ctech/