[cairo] Plans for 1.6?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Nov 27 19:59:16 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 00:34 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 13:13 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
>
> > EXTEND_PAD definitely. Also, the rest of the "goofy X server visuals"
> > work, (meaning support for mask-based format compositing in pixman and
> > probably taking the pseudocolor patch for cairo). Then also fixing
> > pixman to handle A8 masks with a stride that is not a multiple of 4.
>
> Pseudocolor visuals is something which is blocking some of our user-base
> with older terminals, and its inclusion would be another major step
> towards getting this accepted as a drawing library in gEDA. (Electronics
> CAD). I'm really looking forward to this being in, as I've been trying
> to push cairo for some time.

Do you want native drawing to pseudo color? Or do you want the ability
to paint in a local RGB buffer and then copy to pseudo color? The latter
seems like it will be a lot faster (Render support on pseudo color
hardware seems unlikely), and will certainly give better looking results
as we can even dither if desired.

keith.packard at intel.com