[cairo] Pango / Cairo problems on Win32

Gerdus van Zyl gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 04:58:06 PDT 2007

all gtk programs work 100%. I also reinstalled using the newest gtk
installer 2.10.13 from gimp-win. The only font it always finds and
displays correctly is Arial but not even Arial if you specify a bold
weight.

Please note that the missing fonts are only showing up in some of my
programs, even thought the code used to render the text is the same

I have no idea how the font handling works but could it be running out
of font handles or something similar? I have however run tests using
200 widgets (not gtk) that results in 200 calls to the showText
function without the problem showing up.

I have however found a workaround that could illuminate why this is
happening. If i put some of my widget creation code in a different
thread, the pango/cairo problems disappears.

~Gerdus