[cairo] pycairo with glitz on OSX?

Thomas Hansen thomas.hansen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:24:11 PDT 2007

I've been trying to find out whether I can write python applications
that use cairo to draw to a glitz accelerated window on OSX.  I cant
find much documentation, so i was wondering if anyone has tried
something like this before?  Can I even use a glitz back end with the
python bindings?  If so, would I need to run an X server on OSX, or
could I get  a glitz accelerated surface into a window through some
OSX python bindings?

I have successfully installed  Python 2.5, X11, cairo 1.4, and pycairo
(compiled from source) and can make use of the cairo library from my
python scripts.  However I ca'nt figure out how to output to anything
else than a png file.  (I have successfully rendered to a GTK window
from python on Ubuntu, but haven't tried it on OSX)

If anyone has any pointers or experience trying to combine these
tools I would greatly appreciate any help on trying to set up a basic
project.  If this works I was also thinking of writing some
documentation or tutorial on how to set it up.

---
Thomas Hansen