[cairo] PDF text doesn't render

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:20:36 PDT 2007

On 21/09/2007, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 18:37 -0400, Adrian Johnson wrote:
[snip]
> > The problem with fixing these is I don't have access to a Mac and fixing
> > the CFF embedding problem will take a large number of iterations of:
> >   - change something in the PDF
> >   - check if it displays in Preview
> >
> > Fixing the TrueType embedding problem shouldn't be hard. It just needs
> > someone on a Mac to step though a debugger or use printfs to find out
> > where in the code it is failing.
>
> Maybe Brian or Vlad can help with debugging on Apple?

Will do. Sitting in front of a win32 box right now, but I've got
plenty of time tomorrow to go through this on the mac. Adrian, when
you say 'find out where it is failing', what're you after - sounds
like the only failure in cairo in test (5) is failing to subset
TrueType, which doesn't sound too useful - its not going to tell us
how to get CFF subsetting working? Or do you just mean that the
TrueType subsetting shouldn't fail here in the first place?

In the meantime, if you have any sample pdfs you want me to test like
last time, just fire away (brian dot ewins at gmail dot com).

-Baz