[cairo] Equivalence of text_path(); fill(); and show_text()

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 07:54:25 PDT 2007

It is my understanding that
    cairo_show_text (cr, "cairo");
and
    cairo_text_path (cr, "cairo");
    cairo_fill (cr);
should generate identical output. So I wrote a little test case to
demonstrate that they do not. Whilst constructing the test I stumbled
across another oddity; namely that show_text() ignores
CAIRO_OPERATOR_CLEAR. I did find any information as to why this should
be so with a quick glance through the code - so I presume my usage is
correct and the glyphs should be drawn using the current operator.

So before adding the test case, I'd like some confirmation that the code
is actually correct and should generate a clear surface. Thanks.
--
Chris Wilson