[cairo] Sample Linux Based Program

Mukul Sharma elitecoder.mukul at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 01:36:23 PDT 2007

Dear Developers,

I have received a lot of help from the list previously which I am very
thankful for. Using the help, I have managed to exclude the source files not
needed over T-Engine and have compiled the resulting source over Linux using
my own makefile. While I was trying to finally run a sample program over
linux platform using the compiled source files, I somehow did not receive
any output by running the executable for the sample code. I am sure that I
am missing something here and my understanding is that Cairo needs some kind
of binding tool to create a surface over which it draws the graphics.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong and also guide regarding what
I am missing with my example. As I would need to see an output in ideal
condition, so in later stages I could consider that as a benchmark. If
anyone could just provide me with a minimal sample program working on Linux
Platform with an output visible in graphical form, I would be able to learn
from it and would be able to build my programs further on around the
example. I would be very helpful for any help.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Er. Mukul Sharma
Research Intern
Centre for High Performance Embedded Systems, NTU, Singapore

"A person who runs from responsibilities, runs from life."

"It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole
scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad
things are very easy to get."