[cairo] Cairo 1.6 is imminent

Richard Hult richard at imendio.com
Tue Apr 8 12:17:43 PDT 2008

Carl Worth wrote:
> From the roadmap: (http://cairographics.org/roadmap/), the only
> changes we expect to make are:
>
> 	* Potentially a tweak to the buggy_repeat decision. I'm
>           currently exploring various X server builds to find out
>           where the bug existed and where the fix occurred.
>
> 	* Fixes for any leaks found with "make check-valgrind" on the
>           test suite.
>
> 	* Any obvious fixes for legitimate compiler warnings.

Behdad was talking about adding back cairo-atsui.pc as a backwards
compatible way to not break the pango atsui backend. Quoting:

> How about making cairo install cairo-atsui.pc for 1.6.x and provide full
> (compile-time too) backward compatibility with cairo-atsui, then remove
> it for 1.8?  Then in Pango I can do the switch to cairo-quartz-font when
> requiring cairo 1.6 (which is not the case right now).

Should we do this? The old symbol(s) are still available already so it
should just be a matter of adding back the pc file I think.

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/