[cairo] Porting cairo to Symbain

Makoto Kato makoto.kt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:30:28 PDT 2008

Hi, Bo.

Symbian and S60 platform has no glyph API function even if they can
draw true type font,  So it is not easy to port font backend to its
platform.  Also, although most S60 phones have only 4 fonts,
application font is one only.

So I think it is 2 options.

- Port Freetype to symbian.

Past years, it is ported.

- Don't convert glyph and assign UTF16 as glyph index.

This becomes hacked code as cairo font backend.

-- Makoto

-- Makoto Kato <m_kato at ga2.so-net.ne.jp>