[cairo] PDF backend: PDF trailer not written?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 13:35:06 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 19:00 +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> I have also attached a valgrind session with line numbers present, I
> have also looked at the respective positions in the cairo code
> (_cairo_pdf_operators_emit_glyph) but am not familiar enough with the
> environment there to be of much help. I do not see how I could be
> manipulating the cairo_glyph_t's there...

That's nasty - so if the glyph is culled by the gstate, the backend will
overrun the glyph array because it is driven by the text clusters, which
was not updated to reflect the culling.

Attached is a patch that addresses that issue, namely updating the text
clusters to reflect the transformed and culled glyph array, but it is
quite ugly and I need some sage advice whether a text cluster mapping n
characters to 0 glyphs is permissible.
--
Chris