[cairo] PDF backend: PDF trailer not written?

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Fri Dec 5 14:47:18 PST 2008

Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 19:00 +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
>> I have also attached a valgrind session with line numbers present, I
>> have also looked at the respective positions in the cairo code
>> (_cairo_pdf_operators_emit_glyph) but am not familiar enough with the
>> environment there to be of much help. I do not see how I could be
>> manipulating the cairo_glyph_t's there...
>
> That's nasty - so if the glyph is culled by the gstate, the backend will
> overrun the glyph array because it is driven by the text clusters, which
> was not updated to reflect the culling.

I also found another problem in the PDF output:

  30 1080.38 m 3237760.172 1080.38 l S

which is equivalent to the following cairo calls:

  cairo_move_to (cr, 30, 1080.38);
  cairo_line_to (cr, 3237760.172, 1080.38);
  cairo_stroke (cr);

The large out of range x coordinate causes acroread to pop up an error
dialog.

I don't know if this is a cairo bug or a bug in genometools. It might be
worth checking that all the coordinates you are passing to cairo are
correct.