[cairo] Custom UserFont sizing questions [RESOLVED]

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Fri Dec 12 08:28:12 PST 2008

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

 > What closing?  There is no closing automatically added.

Well, _someone_ is adding a closing stroke to all my open glyph
paths, and it certainly isn't me...

> If you removed your duplicating hack,

I have - Sorry I didn't clarify that...

> it should be just a matter of:
>
>   cairo_glyph_path()
>   cairo_stroke()
>
> I still am not sure why you insist that you need special processing :P.

Are you saying that's all I should need?  If so, then sorry but
I'm confused what your path suggestions were for... ?

Because, using just those two calls was what I originally started
with, and is why I put in my own calls to FT_Outline_Decompose().
Drawing my (open) glyphs with just those calls (None of the new path
stuff you were talking about) results in the problematic closing
strokes.

Are you saying it shouldn't?  I had naively assumed that
cairo_glyph_path() eventually called FT_Outline_Decompose()
itself, since it's an FT font I'm rendering.  If Cairo does, then
that's who is adding the extra point (And what I'm trying to bypass).
OTOH, if Cairo is extracting the outlines from the FT_Face itself,
then it might be in there somewhere...

[ Note I'm outputting to PDF -  Might there maybe be some sort of
'closepath' instruction being issues, as opposed to an extra
data point?  Dunno (And I don't know how to read a PDF file) ]

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I suddenly feel like I'm going in
a circle...
Ian