[cairo] Issue with Font_Face reference count?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Dec 16 14:08:02 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 20:09 +0100, Anne et Damien Carbonne wrote:
> Thanks for rapid answer.
>
> Why is this function called that way (_debug_)? Compliance with previous
> versions?
> If it is only intended for debug purpose, then it means that the
> solution I have used for the binding is wrong :-(

It is only intended for debugging purposes. Since it flushes all of
cairo's caches, it would be extremely unkind to your application's
performance if this function were called with any regularity.

It looks here like the "_debug_" in the name helped raise exactly the
red flag in your mind that it should.