[cairo] PDF backend: PDF trailer not written?

Sascha Steinbiss steinbiss at zbh.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Dec 3 02:40:23 PST 2008

Adrian Johnson wrote:
> Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
>> Do you think this may be a problem with the font? From the looks of
>> it, the other system I used had a different font set as the
>> "sans-serif" default used in the toy text API (which is enough for me).
>> The system with this error seems to use Bitstream Vera Sans (the Gnome
>> default) while the other (SuSE) system seems to use a Helvetica-like
>> font unknown to me. Can I find out somehow which font is compiled in?
>> Any other ideas?
> You can find the font used by the toy text API with fc-match. The -v
> option will give you the path to the font as well.

Ok, on the faulty system it is indeed Bitstream Vera Sans. On the other
(working) system it is Arial. However, I changed the toy text API font
to a serif one using cairo_select_font_face() and the problem persists.

> If you can send me the font I'll see if I can reproduce the bug. Simply
> printing every glyph in the font is usually sufficient to reproduce bugs
> like this.

That would be nice. I have attached the TTF font files to this mail,
along with a valgrind output of a typical session which seems to
indicate problems with uninitialised values in conjunction with text
handling. Maybe that could help you.

Sascha

--
Sascha Steinbiss