[cairo] cairographics.org 403 forbidden following my wiki edit

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Dec 19 09:31:51 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 00:57 -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I read the cairo 1.8.6 release announcement on the web site at
>
> http://cairographics.org/news/cairo-1.8.6/
>
> I noticed some formatting problems compared with the previous release
> announcements. I logged in with my wiki username and edited the page.
> I previewed my changes and they looked ok. But when I saved I was
> told the page was forbidden. Now all of the following pages are
> forbidden and I don't know how to fix it:
>
> http://cairographics.org/news/cairo-1.8.6/
>
> http://cairographics.org/news/
>
> http://cairographics.org/

Not your fault, obviously. But thanks for the report!

I've manually fixed the permissions on these.

I've also attempted a fix (a kludge really) to prevent this from
happening in the future. Please let me know if someone tries doing a
wiki edit through the web interface and whether the permissions stay
correct or not.