[cairo] The cairo_set_tolerance() function behavior is inconsistency with the spec

Truc Truong tructv at necsv.com
Fri Dec 26 00:08:00 PST 2008

To cairo maintainers,

In developing the test for the cairo function cairo_set_tolerance(), we have
encountered the following inconsistency with the spec:

- On cairo-1.6.4 or earlier, if we use cairo_set_tolerance() to set
tolerance to a value  < 0.0002 and then call cairo_get_tolerance() to
retrieve the value of tolerance, the value returned is always equal to
0.0002.

- Additionally, on the latest cairo-1.8.6, if we set a value < 0.003906,
then the retrieved value is always equal to 0.003906.

The standard (spec) did not mention anything about this special value 0.0002
or 0.003906.

Is this a deficiency of the documentation or an implementation feature?

Included with this email is the C test program to demonstrate this issue.

Please, give us your ruling/decision.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Truc Truong
NEC Solutions Vietnam
Add: Suite 3.3 - 3.4, e.town, 364 Cong Hoa St., Tan Binh Dist, HCMC, Viet
Nam
Tel: 84-8-3812 1506     Fax: 84-8-3812 1512
Email: tructv at necsv.com