[cairo] SDL support in 1.8?

Gambit g.cairo at magitech.org
Fri Dec 26 21:23:45 PST 2008

Hi guys -

The SDL[1] documentation page refers to features as yet unavailable in an official release.  The necessary files and changes are present in the trunk[2][3], but not in the 1.8 sustaining branch (or whatever git calls it), and thus are a bit puzzling to the new user who'se trying to use both.  That would be me.

Since I am understandably leary of using the head of trunk, is there any chance someone could integrate the SDL backend support into the 1.8 branch?  Alternately, are there any other suggestions for efficiently drawing to and manipulating SDL surfaces?

Cheers,
--G

[1] http://www.cairographics.org/SDL/
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/commit/?id=cf072c7203dfce989ee60e56352f548329d3d616