[cairo] Use of git

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Fri Jan 11 00:35:49 PST 2008

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2008 à 03:22 -0500, Antoine Azar a écrit :
> Slightly off-topic, but I was just curious as to why we use git for
> Cairo's source control? I'm admitedly a total beginner with git, but
> it seems to me the only advantage it has over something like Perforce
> is the ability to generate and email patches. Other than that, I find
> it much less intuitive than other solutions such as Perforce or SVN,
> which can be just as easily "distributed" by creating branches off
> repositories.

Unless I'm mistaken, Perforce is proprietary software, so I don't think
it won't come to any hackers around the idea to use it for developping
Free Software, using freedesktop.org infrastructure ;)

Nobody wants to duplicate the bitkeeper experience..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva