[cairo] mixing native OSX widgets with a cairo canvas

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:20:59 PST 2008

hello!
I am starting to work on my pet project, and it requires people to be able
to add text labels to different parts of a cairo canvas on MacOS X.  I could
just draw a text input box and flash a vertical line as a cursor, but I know
that Firefox 3 mixes native widgets with a cairo canvas to lay out pages,
and I was hoping to do the same.  I've tried adding UI elements as subviews,
but it didn't seem to work.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I downloaded
the source for the latest FF3 beta, but I must admit I was a little
overwhelmed and couldn't find anything.

thanks
Bobby