[cairo] public API for setting the lcd filter type on cairo_font_option_t

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Jan 17 22:13:42 PST 2008

Thanks Sylvain for the research.  These are some great improvements over
the previous proposals.  The FIR vs intra-pixel difference is pretty
much what I was looking for, and is compatible with my memory of those
modes.

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 14:25 -0500, Sylvain Pasche wrote:

> algorithm + algorithm option:
>      CAIRO_LCD_FILTER_DEFAULT,
>      CAIRO_LCD_FILTER_NONE,
>      CAIRO_LCD_FILTER_FIR_NORMAL,
>      CAIRO_LCD_FILTER_FIR_LIGHT,
>      CAIRO_LCD_FILTER_INTRA_PIXEL

I can suggest FIR5 and FIR3 because 5x5 and 3x3 is the size of kernels
those use.  No better name for INTRA_PIXEL.

David, Keith, maybe you have some better suggestions?

This is definitely looking good now.  Sylvain, feel free to update the
patch accordingly.  We really want to get this into 1.6.

Thanks,

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/