[cairo] Path Gradients

Bobby Salazar bobby8934 at inbox.com
Tue Jan 22 13:15:51 PST 2008

Ok, I have read up about these "Type 6" gradient meshes (as much as I was able to understand anyways). They do seem to be able to resolve a lot of the "path gradient" use cases. For instance, the gradients seen in these images should be easily reproducible:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/PathGradient.jpg
http://www.java2s.com/Code/VBImages/PathGradientBrushesDiamondRectangleCirlceandquad.PNG

However, there is one situation (that is my main interest in the path gradient) that I cannot figure out how to map to these "Type 6" gradient meshes. This situation is where you have a path, and you want to make a gradient from an abitrary "center point" out to the edges, with color stops along the way. Can you think of an easy way to use a "Type 6" gradient mesh to reproduce the gradients seen in these images:

http://www.bobpowell.net/pgb.ht4.jpg
http://www.bobpowell.net/pgb.ht6.jpg