[cairo] Pixman sampling coordinates

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jan 22 17:00:18 PST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:12:33 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> just to reduce the amount of #ifdefing. But I am quite glad to see
> that you added a comment there explaining why this adjustment isn't
> necessary for the case of other values of N_BITS.
>
> I'll just do that in a separate commit after pushing this series.

I've pushed the series and I did that little change. So pixman should
be all set as far as this bug now.

Only... I went to update the reference images for the three test cases
that were impacted by this pixman change, (rectangle-rounding-error,
rotate-image-surface-paint, and unantialiased-shapes). And after I
update the images two of the tests pass, but
rotate-image-surface-paint is passing in the no-offset case while
failing in the case of a 25x25 offset.

Something's really fishy there, because an integer offset should not
be changing the sampling behavior.

So, chalk another point up for the test suite. But, Bertram, what did
we miss in the image sampling code?