[cairo] Path Gradients

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 23:29:09 PST 2008

That looks like a much nicer result, I was told this is called a "level
set". The color is the distance from the nearest point on the edge.

Unfortunatly that is not what Windows is doing, it is doing the distance
along a straight line from a fixed point to the edge. This produces
sharp points all the way to the center. Not as nice but it would have to
be replicated. My guess is that AGG could do this pretty easily.

Otherwise I have to say that those demos are f**king impressive! Can
Cairo be made to do all this?