[cairo] Rendering UTF-8 and non-standard text

robertk54 at aol.com robertk54 at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 07:57:23 PST 2008

I am trying to render 'non-standard' text.? For example, using a UTF-8 string of hebrew text hardcoded in my source file. The text?appears correctly in the code, characters are properly ordered right to left.? However, when I render them using a hebrew font for some reason the characters are reversed.? I tried setting the locale but this has no affect.? Do I need to render each character one at a time or should I be able to render the string properly?

Thanks,
Bob