[cairo] postscript Error: /rangecheck in --xyshow--

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Thu Jan 24 23:52:14 PST 2008

Tamas K Papp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gv/evince chokes an a PS file generated by cairo, with the following error message:

This problem was fixed last November. The cairo 1.4.14 stable release
includes the fix. The cairo 1.5.4 or later development snapshots include
the fix.

> Any help would be appreciated.  I am using the 1.4.14-1 version of the
> libcairo2 Debian package.

The simple.ps that you attached contains the following header.

  %!PS-Adobe-3.0
  %%Creator: cairo 1.5.1 (http://cairographics.org)
  %%CreationDate: Thu Jan 24 22:42:17 2008
  %%Pages: 1
  %%BoundingBox: 0 0 300 300

It looks like you are linking with an old development version of libcairo.